He joined the Auxiliary Air Force and No.615 (County of Surrey) Squadron in 1939, before joining No. 151 Squadron on 4 October 1939. His passage was short-lived as he was reassigned to No. .615 Squadron on 18 February 1940. He then participated in several patrols from Saint-Inglevert during the second part of March. It disappears, unfortunately, from the ORB after that date. His departure from the unit probably took place after the hard fights of May 1940.
On 25 November 1940, he was transferred to the administrative branch where he was still mentioned in 1944. He left the Royal Air Force in 1948 to join the Royal Auxiliary Air Force where he served at No. 3,504 (County of Nottingham ) ADU until 31 December 1958.
- London Gazette (The), 31 october 1939 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/34721/page/7278
- London Gazette (The), 3 december 1940 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/35005/page/6872
- London Gazette (The), 21 january 1944 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/36340/supplement/419
- London Gazette (The), 18 mai 1948 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/38291/supplement/3019
- London Gazette (The), 1 august 1950 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/38981/page/3948
- London Gazette (The), 13 march 1956 : https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/40730/supplement/1513