7 – 10 January 1940

The No.615 (County of Surrey) Squadron is now entirely based in Vitry-en-Artois following the arrival of all the personnel. On this occasion, the Squadron is visited by First Lord of the Admirality Winston Churchill, also Honorary Air Commodore.

For its part, the Saint-Inglevert detachment made its last two sorties on 10 January, with a patrol of Flying Officer Peter N. Murton-Neale (N5899) and Leonid Ereminsky (N2304) between 10h20 and 11h30. They return to Vitry-en-Artois during the day, where they are also joined by pilots sent for training in Abbeville.

Leave a Reply