No.615 (County of Surrey) Squadron recorded the departure of Flying Officer Eric C. Fieldsend, who had been part of the unit since its origins in 1938. He was transferred on that date to No.61 (RAF) Wing. On 19 June, 1940, he was transferred to the No.4 Ferry Pilots Pool. He’s presence is very reduced since it is reported to the No.10 (RAF) Group, from the 24th of the month. On 20 July, he is attached to the Middle Wallop air base where he appears to be used for air traffic control . The rest of his career is not known. He finished the war with the rank of Squadron Leader, then left the Royal Auxiliary Air Force Reserve of Officers with the rank of Wing Commander in December 1954.